Please note the criteria for the KOA WorkKamper of the Year Award. This award is presented every year at the KOA Annual Convention. Nominations are due by October 4, 2019.
1. The WorkKamper nominee must have an active membership in the KOA WorkKamper Program. Their resume may be inactive only if currently working at a KOA Kampground. Also must allow for WorkKampers that are not full-timers, but work only in the summer months.
2. Demonstrate loyalty to the KOA Organization by choice of campgrounds at which to work.
3. Demonstrate outstanding customer skills per the “Making It Great” Program. The WorkKamper nominee is an employee who goes above and beyond on the campground, is a team player and gets along well with peers. The WorkKamper demonstrates positive energy and attitude proving to be an asset to the campground atmosphere.
4. Implements the KOA WorkKamper Code of Conduct as developed at the WorkKamper University.
WorkKamper Award Questions that should be considered by person(s) nominating:
1) How long had the WorkKamper worked for you and your campground?
2) What do you feel is their greatest customer skill?
3) At check-in, are they friendly and helpful to the camper/do they escort the camper to their site and ensure that everything is ok?
4) Are they alert to the needs of the campers and respond quickly?
5) When they are working with their peers, do they maintain a friendly and helpful attitude?
6) Do they offer assistance to a co-worker when they see the need?
7) Do they show good work ethic?
a) Check in on time
b) Complete the assigned task in a timely manner
c) Work well independently as well as in a group
d) Exhibits a cheerful attitude always
e) Responds appropriately to an emergency
8) How well do they implement the “KOA WorkKamper Code of Conduct?”
9) How well do they deal with difficult campers?
List an instance:
10) What instance really made this WorkKamper(s) stand out?
11) Why do you feel this WorkKamper deserves this award?
12) Have your campers complimented this WorkKamper to you personally or in writing?
The award winner will receive $500 from the OA to cover some of the cost to attend the convention as well as KOA shirts, a $100 gift card for travel expenses (this can either go to them or to the campground if they are paying their way) and two registrations into the Convention (courtesy of KOA).
Nominations should be sent to the KOA Owners Association Business Office, 3416 Primm Lane, Birmingham, AL 35216 or by email to email@example.com so the Awards Committee can choose a winner.