Radius: Off
km Set radius for geolocation

Certificate of Show Insurance

Please note if you need Certificate of Show Insurance you can email the show name, dates, address of the show along with your contact information to Terri Wedderburn with Leavitt Recreation & Hospitality Insurance – [email protected] or you can send to [email protected] 

2018 OA Endorsement of Leavitt Recreation & Hospitality Insurance

KOA Owners Association is proud to announce we have endorsed a new insurance agency. The endorsed insurance agency is Leavitt Recreation & Hospitality Insurance!  Many of you are already familiar with Leavitt as they are the largest single insuring agency of KOAs.  As part of their endorsement, the OA is earning compensation for all business you place with Leavitt, We are also proud to announce a new member benefit with Leavitt.  With Leavitt the Owners Association will offer a Worker’s Compensation Insurance Program.  They have an exclusive agreement with an A rated carrier who has agreed to separate KOA from other campgrounds and allow us to earn rewards based on our own loss ratio, rather than being lumped in with all the other campgrounds nationwide.  We encourage you to visit with Leavitt today to see what insurance solutions they have for you!  Leavitt will be working with a benefits carrier to try to bring employee benefits to the table and leverage the power of the OA.   Join the Owners Association today and contact Leavitt Recreation at800-525-2060! Also Leavitt will provide $100 toward lunch as well as representation for your next state/provincial owners association meeting and the OA will provide $150.  (This is a once a year deal).


Philadelphia Insurance would love to hold a Loss Prevention Seminar at your State Association Meeting. Please give them 6 weeks notice prior to the meeting date so they would be able to schedule a representative for the meeting. A minimum of 10 campgrounds need to be registered for the meeting. Please contact the OA office at [email protected] or call 800-678-9976 to have them assist in setting up the seminar.


Report Your Claims in a Timely Matter

In case of an emergency in your campground, knowing what to do and when can prevent a minor aggravation from becoming a major financial and legal nightmare.

There are three major areas of concern:

  1. Damage to your property,
  2. Bodily injury, minor or serious;
  3. Damage to the property of others.

It is essential that you report the situation immediately, don’t wait and above all keep a folder for all of the paperwork on that situation. Make any temporary repairs if necessary to prevent further damage, but the replacement of major items cannot be done until after the insurance adjusters have had a look.

If they can’t see the damage they may be reluctant to pay you for the damage. And some damages don’t show up until well after the fact. This is why you need to keep an incident folder for the repair, replacement and service call bills that detail the reason for them.

Obviously, if serious bodily injury is involved, take care of the injury first, but let your agent know as soon as possible. Be sure and show concern and that you are genuinely sorry for what happened with those minor injuries, such as scratches and scrapes. By showing that you care a lot you may keep the injured person from filing a lawsuit later.
And don’t forget to do a follow up call to check up on the injured person all the while expressing your personal concern for their personal pain. BUT DO NOT ADMIT GUILT and don’t PAY ANYTHING.

In the event that the injury looks serious or is serious, be sure and obtain help from any medical personnel you may have camping on site and call 911 if necessary. Only administer life-sustaining first aid, nothing more.

As soon as possible get photos and or a detailed description of the conditions surrounding the accident, the personal information on the victim and witness statements. Then call your insurance company.

If a campers property is damaged, don’t admit guilt or pay anything but give them a lot of TLC and call your insurance company as soon as possible

When or if there is damage to your property, try to leave it as is for the insurance adjuster to see. If it’s sensible, put up a tarp or make a TEMPORAY repair if the rain is pouring into your office or kabin and there is danger of doing more damage. But don’t put on the new roof until the adjuster sees and appraises it.

Be sure to take photos as soon as possible after the damage occurred, especially if you need to do any temporary repairs.

Reporting incidents to your insurance company in a timely manner is the key for quick and accurate settlement.